Hello everyone! This is a fresh piece of news from the gaming industry of the past week. Also here you will find a couple of trailers and games coming out next week.
I forbid you the West
Sony held a State of Play presentation dedicated entirely to Horizon Forbidden West. The broadcast showed 14 minutes of gameplay recorded on the PlayStation 5. The game will take place in the sunny half-flooded ruins of the city of San Francisco. In general, this is still the same Aloy adventure from the first part, but there are also new moments:
- Extensive underwater locations can be explored for quite a long time thanks to a special mask;
- The visor scanner now marks where you can climb. The cat hook helps to climb higher and overcome the abyss;
- Energy shields were somehow turned into a glider, like in Fortnite or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild;
- A unique new weapon was not shown in the gameplay, Aloy still fights with a bow, a harpoon launcher, a sling and a spear. But they improved the combat system against people (in Horizon Zero Dawn it was scarce) and added armor to them, in the manner of robots;
- From machines it will now be possible to shoot down energy weapons and use them against enemies.
But the most important thing was not said in the end: the release date of the game remains unknown, but Horizon Forbidden West should still be released on PlayStation 4 and 5.
And in addition to the news from Sony: in the latest report, the company added Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End to its list of upcoming PC games, alongside Days Gone, which was released on May 18th. Also, based on these data, it became known that the release of Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC paid off by 250% and attracted new players, especially from China, Russia and India. There is no release date, no more details, so it remains to wait for the official announcements.
Ubisoft has finally revealed the gameplay of Far Cry 6 and announced an October 7 release date on PC, PlayStation and Xbox. Few details about the upcoming game:
- As with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the protagonist in Far Cry 6 can be either male or female. At the same time, the appearance and equipment will be customized – the latter will affect, among other things, the characteristics of your character. And yes, now the main character speaks and fully participates in cut-scenes;
- The plot of Far Cry 6 will take place in the fictional country of Yar, inspired by Cuba. Anton Castillo is a dictator who wants to return greatness to the country by any means possible, including tyranny and cruelty. You accidentally find yourself in resistance and want to take revenge on Anton for the death of your relatives;
- In addition to the standard arsenal like the AK-47 and M4, you will have access to barrels assembled on the knee: a minigun from a motorcycle engine, a silent nail gun or a disco that plays a macarena. And the player will also have access to special combat backpacks like a mobile anti-aircraft gun or a flamethrower. Naturally, the weapon will have customization;
- One of the interesting innovations – you will be able to hide weapons and calmly move around the cities without fear of raising the alarm.
As always, you have different types of transport at your disposal, including motorcycles, planes and even a tank. Personal vehicles can be customized, equipped with weapons and summoned anywhere in the world;
- The map is promised to be very extensive, with different biomes, and the capital of Yara is the largest city in the history of the game.
Apparently, Far Cry 6 will be exactly what the series is famous for: a large open world, weapons, vehicles and a storyline with a mad dictator. True, Ubisoft has already rushed to declare that there will be no political statements in Far Cry 6 – they say that the game is inspired by the guerrilla wars in Cuba, and not some situations in the modern world.
The game can already be pre-ordered for 2499 rubles on PC, 4499 rubles on PlayStation and $ 60 on Xbox.
Zombies and Parkour 2
Also this week, Dying Light 2’s gameplay was shown and a December 7 release date was announced on PC, PlayStation and Xbox. From the presentation, you can learn the following:
- It is not necessary to know the plot of the first part – 20 years have passed since those times.
Events take place in the city of Wildor, where the remnants of humanity live: 98% of the world’s population either died or turned into zombies;
- You play as an outcast named Aiden, who travels the world looking for a long-lost relative;
- New types of zombies will appear in the game, but during the day they hardly leave their nests at all. But at night the streets will be filled with motley dangerous enemies;
- People will be divided into three factions: survivors, peacekeepers and renegades. There are also night runners – former commandos who help newcomers, and you can join them;
- When you help factions, they will erect various new buildings that will change the appearance of the city. Whom to help is up to you, but each faction has a reward for you;
- Many new parkour animations have been added and will be available in many more locations in the city.
You can already pre-order Dying Light 2: 2499 rubles for PC, 4279 rubles for PlayStation and 60 dollars for Xbox.
We already wrote about the Nintendo Switch Pro announcement this week:
And Valve’s handheld console:
What was shown?
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Story Trailer:
Trailer for the main character of Far Cry 6:
Necromunda: Hired Gun Intro Cutscene:
What to play?
Necromunda: Hired Gun (PC, PlayStation, Xbox) is a fast-paced first-person shooter set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. As a mercenary on missions in the hive city, that’s all you need to know about the story. Gameplay – bloody action game with fast and brutal destruction of various enemies. If you don’t have enough ammo, your faithful friend, a dog named Mastiff, will save you. A game for those who miss the simple and savory shooting of a bunch of enemies.
Operation: Tango (PC, PlayStation, Xbox) is a cooperative game where coordinated actions of both players are required. One plays as a hacker who breaks into security, opens doors and monitors cameras. The second one plays as a spy who enters the protected area and presses the necessary buttons. Together, you must act as united as possible and save the world. You will have to communicate by voice, cross-play is available and you can invite a friend who does not have a game to the game. Operation: Tango is also available for free on PlayStation 5 on PS + in June.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (PC, PlayStation, Xbox) is a shooter about a mercenary sniper. Large locations, many enemies, different ways of passing, a wide variety of weapons and assassinations at great distances. There is nothing special to add here, the game about the sniper speaks for itself.
That’s all, see you next week!