Samsung is expected to unveil its new flagship lineup, the Samsung Galaxy S21, on January 14th. Today, authoritative insider Roland Quandt shared the main specifications of the upcoming series’s top model – the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. The same insider recently presented renders of a smartphone showing its design.
According to the source, the phone will receive a metal body covered with a protective Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. The smartphone has a 6.8-inch screen, WQHD + resolution, 515 PPI pixel density, 1600 nits peak brightness, and 120 Hz refresh rate. Also, the screen will support the S Pen stylus.
The hardware platform of the smartphone will be the yet unannounced Exynos 2100 chip. It will be accompanied by 12 GB of RAM and 128/256/512 GB of internal memory. It should be noted that in some regions, the smartphone will ship with the Snapdragon 888 chip.
And here is the camera that the Galaxy S21 Ultra will have:
- 108 MP (wide-angle lens, f / 1.8, 79 °, 24mm, 1 / 1.33-inch, 0.8um, OIS, AF)
- 12 MP (ultra wide angle lens, f / 2.2, 120 °, 13 mm, 1 / 2.55 ″, 1.4 μm, autofocus)
- 10 MP (telephoto, f / 2.4, 35 °, 72 mm, 1 / 3.24 inch, 1.22 μm, OIS, AF, 3x optical zoom)
- 10 MP (telephoto, f / 4.9, 10 °, 240 mm, 1 / 3.24 ″, 1.22 μm, OIS, AF, 10x optical zoom)
- PDAF, laser autofocus and LED flash
- Front camera 40 MP (f / 2.2, 80 °, 1 / 2.8 “, 0.7 μm, 25 mm, AF)
The smartphone will be able to shoot video in 8K (30fps), 4K (30/60fps), 1080p (30/60/240fps) and 720p (up to 960fps).
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ulta will measure 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm and weigh 228 grams. The smartphone will also be equipped with a 5G modem, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GNSS, NFC, and a USB Type-C port. A 5000 mAh battery will power the smartphone. The battery will receive support for 45W wired charging.
Finally, the smartphone will be available in Phantom Black and Phantom Silver for 1400 euros.