After a while, users were faced with the fact that the renewal of a paid subscription occurs automatically, even when it becomes unnecessary. Let’s consider how to turn off the Yandex Plus subscription and refuse to renew it.
What is Yandex Plus
Yandex Plus is a comprehensive subscription to Yandex’s network services: Taxi, Music, KinoPoisk and Disk. You can use them for free during the 3 months trial period, after which a paid subscription is issued. Also, free use is available for owners of Yandex Phone and Yandex Stations (and other smart speakers with Alice), as well as customers of banks who ordered Yandex Map.
Subscribers have the opportunity to use additional space on the virtual disk, at the same time get access to music and films on Kinopoisk HD, and also take advantage of all the advantages of the taxi call service – including cashback for trips.
What does a subscription give and why is it needed
A subscription, first of all, allows you to save money. By paying for access to services and databases separately, the user overpays significantly. In addition, the client receives discounts from taxis, cashbacks from online stores, free delivery from Beru (now – Yandex Market), as well as discounts and privileges from the Drive service.
At the end of the free period, payment for the renewal of the subscription is automatically debited from the client’s bank card. An additional plus – you can pay not only with money, but also with “Thank you” bonuses from Sberbank.
You can subscribe and pay for the service from the Yandex Plus and Music pages, as well as from mobile applications on smartphones.
How to disable a Yandex Plus subscription from a computer
One of the easiest ways to disable a subscription is through Yandex Passport. This can be easily done from your computer by opening the Help page in Yandex services:
- Click on the “Login” button located at the top left of the page.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter “Passport”.
- Select the “Subscriptions” item.
- Press the button “Subscription management”.
- Select the one you want and disable.
Disable Android subscription
You can deactivate a Yandex Plus subscription from an Android phone through a profile in a browser. The procedure is completely identical to disconnecting from a computer. To do this, the user needs:
- Open the Yandex home page through the browser application and click “Login” in the upper left corner.
- Log in to your account by entering your username (email address) and password.
- Click on the profile icon to open the sidebar
- In the menu that appears, click your photo again.
- Select the “Yandex Passport” section to deactivate the subscription.
- In the “Passports” menu, select the “Subscriptions” item.
- Click the subscription management button. Then everything happens with precision, just like on a PC.
- Select a Yandex Plus subscription and open its settings.
- Click the “Unsubscribe” button.
How to disable Yandex Plus from iPhone
How to disable Yandex Plus subscription on an iPhone depends on how it was connected. If the user connected through the Yandex service pages, then the refusal to renew the paid subscription is performed in the same way as on a PC or Android – through an account from the main page. If access was opened using the App Store application, the disconnection algorithm will be different.
How to disable Yandex Plus subscription from an iOS phone via the App Store:
- Open the store menu.
- Click on the user account icon located in the upper corner.
- Click on your account name.
- In the menu, select the “Subscriptions” item.
- Find in it and click on “Yandex Plus”.
- Select “Cancel”.
- Confirm the selected action by following the instructions on the screen.
After completing these steps, the subscription will be deactivated and will no longer automatically renew.
What else you need to know about subscribing to Yandex services
If the subscription was paid through a mobile operator, then the disconnection must also be performed through the provider. Depending on the communication provider, the application interface may differ – but most often the subscriptions are located in the services tab. Some operators, such as Megafon and Tele2, make it possible to unsubscribe from the service using a code combination. You can clarify it on the provider’s website or by calling the hotline.
Some users think that by canceling the renewal, they can permanently disable the Yandex Plus subscription. This is not entirely true. You can resume using the service at any time – just connect and pay for the service.
When choosing how to unsubscribe from Yandex Plus, you should remember that when you reactivate the service, the grace period of free use (3 months or more) will not be re-provided.