1. Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) is missing part of his middle finger after losing it, shutting his right hand in a door.
2. When Drew Barrymore posed for Playboy back in 1995, mentor Steven Spielberg sent her a note saying “Cover yourself up” along with a quilt and a copy of the Playboy magazine with her nude photos altered, so she appeared fully dressed.
3. Jake Gyllenhaal was first taught to drive by Paul Newman, who was a family friend.
4. George Clooney likes to sleep in his walk-in closet because “all the bedrooms are too light.”
5. Justin Timberlake, age 11, was the first male winner of America’s Universal Charm Pageant.
6. Jamie Foxx was funny even as a child. His teacher used to reward his class for good behavior by allowing Jamie to entertain them.
7. Queen Amidala’s decoy in Star Wars: Episode 1 was not played by Natalie Portman. It was, in fact, a young Keira Knightley who played alongside Natalie as her decoy.
8. Jessica Simpson, aged 13, auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club but freaked out when she saw Christina Aguilera audition. “I froze and forgot everything,” Jessica describes the auditions process. She later lost out on the part to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
9. In his childhood, Jim Carrey wore tap shoes to sleep “just in case his parents needed cheering up in the middle of the night.”
10. Mariah Carey was nicknamed “Mirage” at her high school as she was very often absent from class.
11. Angelina Jolie’s uncle, Chip Taylor, was the songwriter who wrote “Wild Thing.”
12. Jack Black is the son of two rocket scientists. His mom worked on the Hubble telescope, and his father worked on “some stuff that I can’t tell you about,” says Jack.
13. Ben Affleck, as a child, asked his mother for a dog. She had him walk an imaginary dog for a week to see if he was up to the task of looking after a dog. He lasted five days and didn’t end up getting a dog.
14. Halle Berry used to date Danny Wood (New Kids on the Block). They ended up ending their relationship because the band thought she was a groupie.
15. Brad Pitt was a part of the Forensics Club in High School. Before he was an actor, he worked as a chauffeur, furniture mover, and wearing a costume for the restaurant El Pollo Loco.
Photo by Maggiejumps Flickr.com