Netflix has unveiled an updated list of its 10 most watched original films. The ninth and tenth places are shared by the films The Midnight Sky and Army of the Dead, or “Army of the Dead”, which is steadily rising in the rating.
The recently released zombie films were Netflix’s biggest theatrical debut, launching The Army of the Dead in 600 Cinemark theaters a week before it released the movie on its streaming service. According to Deadline, the new movie amassed 72 million views on Netflix in its first four weeks.
The source adds that Netflix users are very fond of action adventure movies, and not necessarily with a high average score. Take, for example, the same “Immortal Guard” (The Old Guard), which is ranked sixth. The average movie score on IMDB is 6.7 / 10. The third-place action movie Spenser Confidential earned 6.2 / 10. And “Tyler Rake: Operation to Rescue” (Extraction), topping the rating, was rated at 6.7 / 10.
Top 10 Netflix Original Movies by Watch First Four Weeks:
- Extraction (99 million views)
- Bird Box (89 million views)
- Spenser Confidential (85 million views)
- 6 Underground (83 million views)
- Murder Mystery (83 million views)
- The Old Guard (78 million views)
- Enola Holmes (76 million views)
- Project Power (75 million views)
- The Midnight Sky and Army of the Dead (both 72 million views)