A new World Series Of Poker event has been created – the “Big One for One Drop”. A No-Limit Hold’em Poker tournament with the buy in set as one million dollars.
This amount of one million dollars is four times higher than the previous record for a tournament entry fee.
From every million dollar entry fee, exactly $111,111 will be donated to charity “One Drop”, a charity that helps bring clean water to nations without the access to proper water.
$888,889 of each buy in fee goes directly into the prize pool. Players start with 3M in chips and the tournament is expected to pay out to 20 percent of the field. This amount of 20 percent is double what you would usually expect from a WSOP tournament payout structure.
An estimated $18 million dollars will go to the first place winner.
The tournament of billionaires and millionaires will take place beginning of July and will air in a two-hour block on ESPN on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 from 5:00-7:00 pm PST.
The following players are already confirmed for the tournament:
- Guy Laliberté
- Bobby Baldwin
- Phil Ruffin
- Andy Beal
- Patrik Antonius
- Gus Hansen
- Daniel Negreanu
- Johnny Chan
- Tom Dwan
- Tony Guoga
- Jonathan Duhamel
- Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier
- Sean O’Donnell (Montreal private citizen group)
- Dan Shak
- Loto-Québec/Casino Montreal seat (Lottery scratch-off/live satellite)
- Anonymous – U.S. Venture Capitalist
- Anonymous – European Hedge Fund Manager
- Anonymous – U.S. Hedge Fund Manager
- Anonymous – French businessman
- Caesars Entertainment seat
- Caesars Entertainment via June 30 $25,300 satellite at Rio
- MGM Mirage Satellite seat